Why you need a blog as part of your web marketing strategy
Blogging is without a doubt one of the most important assets to any web marketing strategy and it's a perfect complement to your website.
Here are some reasons why you really need a blog:
- It creates fresh content and more pages of content, which is great for SEO
- It helps establish you as an industry authority and thought leader
- It helps drive more traffic and leads back to your website
- It's a great channel to converse and engage with your audience and customers
- It's a great way to get valuable inbound links
Blogging isn't as difficult as you think. There are plenty of blogging tools you can use to get started.
If the ability to create content regularly is your main concern, Henderson Robb offers web marketing services, including blog writing that will help you get started.
If you still need proof blogging works to disseminate and should be part of your website redesign strategy, Henderson Robb has a wealth of marketing intelligence on the subject, specifically:
How do like them apples? Yes, blogging gets results! I recommend checking out 100 Marketing, Charts and Graphs for more amazing blogging stats.
To get blogging and increase the chances of being found by your customers we'll start a conversation that will lead to lead generation ideas you need to implement your web marketing strategies.
Henderson Robb can help you ramp up your content creation and your web traffic at the same time
Content, content, content. Have you heard enough of this word? If you are experiencing disconnect with yours, then your website traffic may be suffering as a result. Content, whether we are sick of hearing about it or not, is one of the most important aspects of any financial services or insurance website. With the rise of web marketing, content has become front and centre in the minds of marketers. It is what search engines and people like you who are charged with making sure your website is being found by your customers are looking for. It's what drives visitors to your site and turns prospects into leads. Let's look at the Must-Haves for creating 'killer content"?
There are four basic questions you need to ask yourself regarding keeping your content clean and relevant on your website.
- Will people know what I do within seconds
- Will they understand what page they're on and what it's about
- Will they know what to do next
- Why should they buy/subscribe/download from this site instead of from someone else
Ideally, you want your visitors to know the answers to these questions. It should be readily apparent what your site is about, what they can do there and why they should take action.
As part of our web marketing services, we look at your homepage and most important pages, and consider the following to help you in delivering the right message:
- We create a few headlines and sub-headline marketing ideas and information related for your most important pages. To combat question #4 (why should I buy from you?) use a powerful value proposition (think market intelligence as the source) and we steer clear of generic cliches, gobbledygook terms and corporate speak.
- We make sure to include clear call-to-actions and next steps. We include links in your body copy, next step links at the end of the copy and calls-to-action wherever appropriate. We include a little direction and you'll be glad we did.
- We test your copy. For the most accurate indication of a winning headline, we use A/B testing to determine which variation drives the most conversions.
Henderson Robb web marketing strategies include education and value offers (CTAs)
Even though the purpose of many corporate B2B websites is to provide information about your products and services, not everyone is ready to buy when they first hit your site. Second, it's not all about you. What's in it for them?
- We create offers (CTSs) with more than just product content. Your company can provide e-Books, white papers, whiteboard animated videos and other forms of content that is educational. This will nurture prospects through your web marketing and sales funnel until they are ready to buy, plus, they will feel as if they are receiving valuable information along the way and not just a sales pitch.
- In product-specific content, we write as if your brand is speaking directly to your audience. We use words like, "you," and "we." We encourage the creation of content that is transparent. We make your brand sound human. We want your content to speak their language.
- We write your product content as if you are helping them solve their problems. We avoid "we are the best" speak and instead use "this is how we help you..."
The Importance of Quality
Everyone knows having a lot of content is a good thing, but in the days where search engines are getting smarter and buyers are becoming more selective, quality content is truly king.
Henderson Robb believes that quality content is a definite must-have for any web marketing. This includes:
- Offering unique content. People love this and so do search engines.
- Content creation for humans, not search engines. People don't read like robots.
- Providing value and educational content that helps others.
- Doing our research when paying for content that is written by third-party services. Some work well, others do not.
- Keeping your content clean and relevant. Having news that two years old still sitting on your homepage will probably give your visitors a bad feeling.
- Know your audience. We help our clients provide content that is specific to their buyers making it more relevant to them, and in turn, higher quality.
- We include evidence when needed. If stating facts, numbers, awards, testimonials and etc., we try to back it up with a source and give credit where credit is due.
- Know your subject well. You probably don't want an auto mechanic writing about brain surgery. Accurate content equals quality.
If you have read this far, perhaps, the last thing you should think about is how you are going to find the time to accomplish all of the above (and there's a lot more), we can do the heavy lifting for you. Henderson Robb’s web marketing services can separate the fluff from the content and replace it with the killer stuff you need.